Documents pertaining payment of taxes in your country
If you have paid taxes in Japan, please send a copy of one of the following:
Certificate proving that the company does not have unpaid corporate tax, VAT or regional VAT (Obtainable at tax office)
Certificate proving that income tax, VAT or regional VAT has been paid (Obtainable at tax office)
Some points of attention
- Tax payment certificate to regional governments are not accepted
- Receipts at time of payments of tax are not accepted
- Other Tax payment certificates
- In case of provisional payment certificates with remaining unpaid taxes stated, application is not possible
- If you hand in provisional tax statements, it is possible that you will be asked to submit final tax statements at a later date.
- It is also possible to submit copies of E-tax statements.
Source: Application guidelines. Version December 2015 (Zipfile, In Japanese) page 19-20